Saturday, March 21, 2009

Wedding....

Preparations for our BIG day has begun!

In fact, it began approximately 3 months ago, but it has slowly started to fall into its right places. By the way our theme will be White and Light Turquoise. So all the items have to be bought in accordance with the theme colours as well - yup, it was very difficult to find stuff in the light turquoise family of colours. But we have managed somehow to find the closest to the exact colour that we both want.

Tasha and I have already finalised most of the arrangements. Among the things that we have finalised are:-

(a) The Church Service Order
(b) Reception venue and menu
(c) Wedding cars (thanks to Santana & Remy)
(d) Bestmen & Bridesmaids
(e) Matron of Honour
(f) Door gifts
(g) Wardrobe for the Bride (me' dear Tasha)
(h) Wardrobe for the Groom (except my tuxedo, the evening wear has been sorted)
(i) Rings (How can we forget the rings?)
(j) Sarees & punjabi suits for the ladies & girls in the family
(k) Materials for the Bridemaids gowns
(l) Guest Books
(m) Unity Candle

I think I have managed to list out all the main items that we have finalised thus far. However, we have not finalised the following:-

(a) Wedding invitation card
(b) Decorations for the Reception
(c) Decorations for the Church
(d) Suits for both our dads (well, a clerical collar for Appa)
(e) The 'thirumanggalyam' (I don't know why my mum is so adamant that we have this)
(f) Centre pieces for the tables at the Reception
(g) MC for the Reception (I hope my sister does this - huh Shobs!)
(h) And any other stuff that we need - this list goes on everytime we plan.

So, I do hope to finalise most of the items above by the Easter weekend. We will be going back to Melaka on the 11th of April, so I do hope we can finalise most of it by then.

Do keep us (Tasha & I) in your prayers. And by the way, if you have any ideas of doing anything in our wedding which will make it unique, do tell. Please post your comments accordingly. Your ideas and contacts will be much appreciated.

More to tell over the weekend. I will be attending Vikhram's dad's 60th on Sunday - hope to be able to post some pictures of the event on Sunday.

Have a good weekend everyone!