Thursday, September 03, 2009

US Open....

Yes, it is this time of the year! I always look forward to the Grand Slams. Although my favourite is the Wimbledon, there is something about the US Open that keeps me glued to the tele every year. I suppose it is my love for the sport of tennis. It was sad to see my favourite women's player get knocked out of the tournament in the 2nd round, Ana Ivanovic. However, I'm glad Roger is still kicking it this year. I'm glad he is back at his best. Somehow, I still feel that the best of Federer is yet to come. It should be a a good match between himself and Hewitt in the 3rds. Most of the seeded players have all gone through to the next round (Nadal, Serena, Blake, etc.) - with the exception of Amelie Mauresmo who was knocked out by Alexandre Wozniak of Canada, 6-4, 6-0. Daamnnnn!

I was on the US Open site and I came across one of the most interesting pictures ever. The security officers at the tournament have their respective K9 officers as well. This fellow is so cute. He even had a security tag made for him. Interesting to see how detailed security is in such a major tournament.


No comments: