Thursday, April 09, 2009

Good Friday....

I have to thank my dear sis, Shobs for the article below. She keeps sending me loads of good articles. In fact, she has been doing so, ever since Lent started for us some 37 days ago. By the way, for those of you who are not aware, I have decided to give up alcohol and red meat for the entire 40 days. I am so proud of myself that I have successfully done so. This is a special time of reflection and of course abstinence. I am glad to have fulfilled the entire month and more without the 2 most desirable things in my life. Anyway, it is Good Friday tomorrow. I can't wait to get home. Amma, will be cooking a spread of vegetarian food. I told her I want to have lunch on banana leaves. So, I can't wait for the awesome lunch that awaits me tomorrow after Good Friday service at Christ Church Melaka.

We will be leaving for Melaka at 7.30am. Then to service at 11.30am and then back home for the lunch. I will only break fast at 12 midnight on Easter Eve - Saturday. More when I return. Hope to take some nice pictures of the food and hopefully the service as well. More when I return.

To all those who will be driving back to your respective hometowns, be safe on the road. Wishing each and everyone of you a Blessed Easter.

God Bless.

I'll leave you with the wonderful reflection on Good Friday - once again, thanks Shobs. I'd better say it, if not she will be so pissed off. Huh E63..... - she knows why.

GOOD FRIDAY -
THIS SOMBRE DAY
WHEN CHRISTIANS MOURN
A 2,000 YEAR OLD DEATH.

HE DIED, SOME SAY,
TO APPEASE A VENGEFUL GOD,
DEMANDING A ONE-TIME
CAPITAL PUNISHMENT
FOR HUMAN SIN,
BOTH PAST AND YET TO COME.
IT WAS, THEY INSIST,

THE ONLY WAY
WE COULD BE SAVED.

OTHERS ASK
IS THIS THE SAME GOD
WHO SAID "THOU SHALL NOT KILL"
NOW OFFERING HIS SON
AS A SACRIFICIAL LAMB

TO BE SLAIN
FOR OUR SALVATION?

YET OTHERS SAY
HE DIED BECAUSE
HE LOVED TOO MUCH -
LOVED THE OUTCAST,

THE SINNER, THE SICK,
THE POOR, THE OPPRESSED.

AS HE HUNG THERE
BLEEDING, DYING,
SOME HEARD HIM SAY:
"FATHER, FORGIVE THEM.
THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO."
IS THIS WHAT MADE

THAT BAD DAY GOOD?

WHATEVER WE DO, HE HAD SAID,
WE DO TO HIM.
AND WE ARE CALLED
TO FOLLOW IN THIS WAY.

THUS, IF WE IGNORE ANOTHER'S PAIN
WE SURELY CRUCIFY HIM AGAIN.

IT WAS INDEED A BAD FRIDAY,
MADE GOOD BECAUSE
IT SHOWS THE WAY TO OUR SALVATION -
SALVATION AS LIBERATION.
LIBERATION
FROM OPPRESSION TO JUSTICE,
FROM WAR TO PEACE,
FROM HATE TO LOVE.
AND THIS
IS TRULY RESURRECTION.

No comments: