Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Melaka....

21st July 2007 (Sat)
Melaka was fun. Tasha and I took the bus - instead of the normal driving we normally do. So, Caesar cldnt come with us. But I must say, we enjoyed ourselves on the bus rides - to and fro. Jam sent us to the bus station, got the 4pm bus, arrived in Melaka at about 6. Had a rest at home, before Anto and I headed to the church to have our practice. Oh yeah, Ruf'Ruf could not make it as he had a more important engagement to attend to. Anyway, practice was good. I chose a different variety of songs to do for P&W. Not the normal ones that we normally sing. I took 2 hymns - How Great Thou Art and Because He Lives and jazzed them up. I also sang a few old typical P&W slow numbers for the worship part of the P&W session. So, it was me on the vocals and the piano and Anto on the drums. On the whole it was good.

Came back, Amma was ready with dinner. During the time of practice, Tasha managed to grab a few hours of snooze time. So when we got back had dinner. AWESOME! Amma made some french beans with prawns (the ol' time favourite), and check this out LAMB CURRY - with huge chunks of ever so tender lamb meat and potatoes. With pappadams, pickles and rice. I ate 2 rounds of rice and then after a short break - 5 chappatis with the lamb curry as well. Oh yes, it was fabulous.

After dinner as we were resting and watching some tele, Anto was around as well, so I decided to have a drink. Didnt go anywhere, my friend Jay from Miri presented me with a bottle of Chivas for my engagement. So we had a few rounds of whisky and ginger ale and then retired for the day.


22nd July 2007 (Sun)
I was awake by 6am. Saw Appa going for his morning jog. Had bfast with Amma, then got ready and left for church by 7.45am. Had to prepare myself for my performance. You see I take my performances very seriously, so I have to be at the venue of performance at least 30 mins earlier, to pray, relax, ensure all the PPS slides are in order, etc. So, upon doing all that, service began. By God's grace everything went on according to plan - but I still felt that the drum beat for the 2nd song (How Great Thou Art) could have been a different beat. A beat that Anto and I decided on. Poor fellow was nervous and played another beat. But it turned out ok. I wasn't too pleased, but on the overall P&W session - I would say 6/10. I'm sorry, but I am a perfectionist. Especially if I am doing it for the Lord, I have to do it very well - there is no room for mistakes.

Well, after that we headed home for a bit of a rest, then we had lunch. Another session of eating and eating and eating...... Then Anto, Appa and Amma sent us to the bus station. Got the 3pm bus and got back to KL. Mark & Teenie came and fetched us - oh yes, thank you so much Mark for getting us - I would normally just take the LRT back, but our bag was heavy and my back didnt allow me to carry it, so I was glad Mark came.

That was Melaka. Very eventful and very good food as usual! Once again, thank you so much Appa and Amma!

No comments: