Saturday, June 23, 2007

Awful....

As far as I was concerned that was the standard of our performance during the P&W that Ruf'Ruf and I did. While I started singing and playing the piano, some other guy takes a mic and starts singing. It bloody clashes with my voice. I am telling the guy who handles the PA system to turn off that guy's mic, he wonderfully turns off my mic. I couldn't hear myself. I shouted at him, telling him that I can't hear shit and to make matters worse, I can even hear myself - mind you, all this is happening while I am leading the congregation in the first song of the P&W. Finally, he turns back the volume on my mic and just slightly lowers down the other fellow's mic. Yeah, like that will solve the problem. That champion of a guy, realising that his mic is not as loud as it was, starts singing even louder than how he was singing earlier. Damn it! I was so pissed off, but I couldn't do jack. Just went on with it. Somehow it turned out ok. I am a perfectionist. I don't do ok. Ok for me is equivalent to bad, but not really bad. It really hurt, because Ruf'Ruf and I practised for about 5 hours the night before, just to perfect the 4 songs and our pitches. We got home at 6am, slept for 3 hours, got up and came to perform. So, you should be able to realise how pissed I was. Anyway, I kept my head up and told myself that I will not allow a glitch in our earlier performance to screw up our entire morning. I told Ruf'Ruf that we will nail the Special Item song - I Could Not Ask For More (Edwin McCain).

So, we calmed ourselves down and we got back for the Special Item. It turned out much better than the P&W. I am still very sad. In fact, whenever a screw-up like this happens, it bothers me for an entire week. It hurts even more that we did our very best, but people had to **** it up for us. Well, shit happens. That is the only consolation I have - shit happens. But when it happens after spending the entire night rehearsing, I don't know man!

Dham and Pearly have asked us to do a song during the dinner as well. I hope and pray it turns out well.

More to be reported tonight after the performance. We're thinking of doing either More Than Words by Extreme or Faith by George Michael.

No comments: