Monday, June 04, 2007

Back Ache....

May this be a lesson to all of you. Take care of your back. This is the whole reason why I have not blogged for a while. I have been on medical leave for the past week. I injured my back during one of my futsal sessions. Now, this happened way back in 2006 (in June, if I can remember correctly). I was admitted in SMC for treatment and physio, followed by bed rest. But I did not follow up on treatment and continuous exercise. So, this 'tidak-apa attitude' had aggravated the injury - unknown to me.

On my last trip to Melaka, which was last weekend, on my way back we stopped by at Tasha's parents' place. I was holding Caesar by his collar when he suddenly lunged forward. I should have let him go, but I held on to him and my entire back was forced forward and backward. Ouch!!! Ever since that happened, I just knew I had somehow screwed my lumbar again. Well, we got back to KL and I could not stand the pain, so I visited my chiropractor. With a lot of exercise and traction, I am on my way to recovery. But as I did not take good care of it before, it may take longer than it usually takes. I have been given approximately 6 weeks from today for complete recovery. Now, this is provided I go for my chiro sessions twice a week and follow the exercise regime that my chiropractor has given me.

Well, I am not going to fool around anymore. I may not walk again if this injury worsens, as the affected bone on my back bone is very near to the spine. So, I will be going for rehabilitation.

That's all for now. I will be reporting more soon. I've got an appointment with my chiropractor on Wed.

So, the most important lesson for this week is - BE VERY CAREFUL OF YOUR BACKBONE. Never injure it, for if you do, the road to recovery is freaking long and irritating.

No comments: