Monday, March 17, 2008

The True Meaning Of Easter....

As a Bible-believing Christian, I stake my all upon the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Without it I would be, as the apostle notes: "of all men most miserable" (1 Cor. 15:19). I cannot understand why some make claim to Christianity, and yet deny the very cornerstone of the Christian faith; i.e., the literal, bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ.

I have undertaken a beautiful time of Lent, where I gave up red meat and any form of alcohol beverage. It did come as a surprise to many. I was very confident that I could do it. It has been a good 34 days thus far and to be honest, not one day did I ever feel tempted to indulge in my 2 most favourite obsessions – red meat (beef & mutton) and alcohol. I promised the Lord that I will give up these two obsessions for He has blessed me in such abundance. It went on so well. As we approach Easter (the day our Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead), I hope and pray that we will be more patient and tolerant with our friends and family, we will not use profanity in our daily lives, we will not sin, when we know it is wrong and of course we will put the Lord first in our lives.

Thank you dear Lord for dying for all our sins and for giving us a beautiful life on this Earth.


"Eloi, Eloi, Lama Sabachthani"
by Keith Clayton, Jr. (1968 - 1998)

A cry uttered by Jesus Christ while dying on the cross,preserved in the original Aramaic:
"My God, My God, why hast Thou forsaken Me?"

O Father,
I thank Thee
That through the tears that fell
From His eyes
And from Thine,
That my tears may be dried
And my eyes opened
To the Hope of my Salvation,
And the reassurance of myEternal worth
--In spite of myself--
That my meager lifeWas worth dying for
And He died
For me, and because of me,
That I might live for Him,
In all my days serving Him
As tool and ambassador
Of the love He had for us;
The love that gave purpose to His life
And life to His purpose.
Father, I acknowledge my
Hungering need
To bear and be borne by the
Unconditional Love of Christ,
Who unselfishly serves all those who but
Come unto Him.
As Counsellor, Advocate And Friend;
That neither I,
Nor any of us, need ever be alone. AMEN

No comments: