Tuesday, August 28, 2007


24th August 2007 (Fri)

We left KL at about 6.20am. Rems came and fetched Tasha and me. We were on the NS highway by 6.35am on route to 'The United States of Johore Bahru' as Rems puts it. It was a smooth drive. We stopped at Pagoh for a snack, then got on the highway again and this time, straight to JB. I was feeling slightly feverish and I felt I was coming down with a flu, so Rems took me to the clinic once we reached JB (9.30am) and then for some curry mee. I must say, it was freakin' good. I shared my bowl with Tasha, but boy was it delicious. Upon having bfast, we headed home to Rems place. Once we got settled in, we slept for a good 5 hours. Woke up by 6, had tea, Rems mixed tea and had some goreng pisang. Then we got ready and left for Singapore, to attend Vicknesh's engagement. It was in Sembawang Mission Home. Met up with the rest of Tasha's family there and then once the engagement was over, we were served very good food. Once dinner was over, we headed back to JB for a night of partying. Pics of the engagement are shown below:-

All the gifts being arranged outside the hall, before brought in by the groom's contingent

Tasha's dad, mum and the groom - Vicknesh

All the gifts being blessed by the priest

Rems, myself and Tasha

The priest blesses the rings and the offerings

The in-laws exchange trays

The couple exchange rings

The couple sign the Certificate of Marriage in the midst of 2 witnesses (Yoges' uncle and Thatha)

A picture of the newly wed and Uncle & Auntie

The bride thanking all those who came

Tasha, Yoges, Vicknesh and myself

25th August 2007

We had a long night after the engagement, so much of partying - with Suresh and Paul. Paul left early, but Suresh was with us until about 5am. We ate some of the most unique dishes. We had pork in curry and fish in claypot - well, these were had at supper and then we headed home and slept. On the next day, we only woke up at 2pm. Well, actually, I only got up then, Rems and Tasha were up and tried in vain to wake me up so many times. Anyway, we got ready and left for the Singapore Zoological Gardens. Headed for Singapore at about 3, reached the Zoo at 4pm. We had a good 2 hours to finish the Zoo. In fact we did. Well, in fact we could only see all the animals, we could see any of the shows as it was raining and we also missed all the feeding sessions. But we have promised ourselves to go back to the Zoo. It is really worth it to go back there again. Anyway, here are the pics taken at the Zoo:-

At the entrance of the Singapore Zoo

The road leading to the SZG, beautiful road and trees on both sides of the road

Rems and Tasha getting the tickets

Tasha and myself once we passed the main entrance

The orang utans being fed

The Sumatran Rhino

The glorious Giraffe

A pack of Zebras

Both of us (with the reservoir and beautiful forest in the background)

The Lions Den

The Tropical Pythons

Finger Snapping Turtle (really cute fellow, he was just looking at the camera)

Myself in the Primates Sanctuary

The Monkey Haven

A cute Pygmy Hippo

Rems on top of the 'Forest Defender'

Tasha playing with a wallaby

Cute lil wallaby, couldnt stop patting the fellow

The White Tigers

Tasha and myself, before the exit of the SZG

Tasha with a giant Sea-Lion

Rems and myself

A beautiful scene at the Boat Quay

Another picture taken at Boat Quay

Tasha and myself at the walkway along Boat Quay

27th August 2007 (Sun)

After the trip to the Zoo, we headed to Boat Quay (as shown on the pics above), but before that we went to the famous Mohd Mustafa Superstore. Oh my god, it was amazingly cheap. Tasha went mad, she bought a lot of stuff - perfumes, toilettries, etc. After that we met up with Vicknesh, Yoges and Thatha at Newton Food Court for dinner. After dinner we headed back to JB.

Upon reaching JB, we got dressed and headed to After 5, a small pub along Tebrau Rd, where we met Michael. After a few drinks there, we headed to The Zone - duty free zone of JB. Went to a nice club called the Cabana, had a bottle of Chivas with the guys and then headed back home.

Slept the night, woke up at about 2 and then we left to KL. On our way, we picked up one of Rems friends (Jasbeer) along the way. We met Jasbeer at After 5, he is the GM of one of the resorts in P.Besar, Mersing. Oh yes, we will be going there soon, so till then, cheers!

By the way, we left JB at 3 and we reached KL at 6. Good timing. Came home had dinner and slept. It was a very very good trip. Thank you Remy for the transport and accomodation and thank you Suresh, Paul and Michael for the hosting while we were in JB.


No comments: