Saturday, March 28, 2009

Talent Time....

After the final day of training today, came home after doing some call and ticket monitoring, not forgetting some coaching - had dinner and headed to catch a movie. It has been a very long time since I managed to catch a movie on a week day. Ever since I have been doing this new hours (lovely hours of 9am-6pm) - I have never been able to find the time to do anything else. Although my hours are from 9-6, at times, I am bogged down with a lot of work, so I get home late. Anyway, today being a Friday and all, I just left the office at about 8pm. Managed to catch the 9.30pm show at Almanda Putrajaya.

To those of you who have not watched the Malaysian movie by Yasmin Ahmad entitled 'Talentime' - watch it. You will not regret it. I witnessed some very good songs. In fact all these songs were written by our Malaysian songwriters. I mean, really now, where are these people. These people should be writing more songs and selling like nobody's business. I do hope this movie gets a lot of good rating. It is a movie which tells the truth of everything that is going on around us - especially in this Malaysian context. I have to admit though that the ending was rather abrupt, but I truly enjoyed the story line, the dynamics of mixed marriages and the conflicts we face in our society.

I do hope Yasmin Ahmad will direct and produce more of such movies - I have been a huge fan of this amazing lady's works - Sepet and Gubra *well, the 2 I have watched). I missed Mukhsin and Muallaf - must try to find them. But honestly, loved it to bits - Talentime. I went to the cinema thinking of watching 12 Rounds - but when I saw the advert of this movie being a Yasmin Ahmad production, I did not think twice. She has never disappointed me.

So, do try to catch the movie if you can.

That's all for now. More tomorrow.

By the way, I have some very interesting story to tell you about Vasco - my dear Beagle. He had created some havoc in the house. Details on my next entry - with pictures.

Good night everyone.

No comments: